Monday, February 20, 2012

**INTERVIEW #2 with Author ALEXANDREA WEIS**


It is an honor to bring back author Alexandrea Weis. Author of several books, including 'RECOVERY.'  Thank you Alexandrea for today's Interview. I wish you much Success.
 http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.alexandreaweis.com


~~~Author Interview #2~~~

Describe your perfect reading location.
Probably, a library in my home, if I had one. I always wanted a room filled from wall to ceiling with books, where I could have peace to read. Right now, any extra room in my house is occupied by orphaned and injured wildlife. Being a wildlife rehabber with the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries takes up most of my reading time these days. 


Of all the books you published, which one was the most enjoyable to write?
Probably, my first book, 'TO MY SENSES.' It opened a door for me, and showed me how important writing is in my life. I discovered my creative voice with that novel. I also learned how to write a book. It was a milestone in my life, and the story is very personal to me, and filled with characters I love.


Has a movie ever inspired your creativity?
Plenty of movies have inspired me, from a very young age. Especially, the epics like Ben Hur, or Cleopatra. The size and scale of such movies always fueled my imagination. Plus, I grew up in the motion picture production business. My father had an independent production company in New Orleans, so movies were an important part of my life. I learned about the technical aspects of the business as well as the creative ones. It helped me as a writer a great deal, because it taught me how to see a scene, or story in my head and write from there.


In your opinion, how important is promotions to a book?
I don't think you can have a successful book without promotions. This is a media overloaded world and to be heard, you have to get out there. With the social networks taking over, I think promotion is becoming more important than ever.



Did you ever experience writer's block?
Not yet, thank God. My problem is that I cannot get the ideas to stop. I find myself juggling two or three books at a time in my head, which makes for many restless nights. 


                                         

No comments: