Wednesday, May 21, 2008

***Interview With Jonathan L. Enlow***

Author of: Western Zen 1. When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Back in high school, after I met a woman I fell in love with, after that I learned to love parts of myself. 2. What type of books do you enjoy writing? Poetry is my favorite. 3. Did a special person in your life inspire you to write? Her name is Lacey, she has truly inspired me! 4. Have you written any books based on a true story? Yes! In poetry, I use words to create images, that represent experiences in my life. 5. Who is your favorite author? Hunter S. Thompson 6. Are your characters created from people you've known in real life? I do not see a difference between real, or imagined characters. 7. How many books have you written? I'm working on my current novel, "Western Zen" The Mad Stylings Of American Spirits. A collection of various artwork from folks across the country. 8. Where can your books be purchased? Please email me at: westernzen@gmail.com for info. 9. Describe how you felt the first time you were published? I'll say...."It will feel amazing!" 10. Do you have any current work in progress? "Western Zen: The Mad Stylings Of American Spirits!" 11. What are some links to your websites? www.myspace.com/westernzen 12. Do you have goals set for the future? Yes! I am currently observing my creative process! 13. At this point and time in your life, are you where you want to be with writing? I certainly am moving towards my goals! 14. What are factors that can help authors reach their dream? Focus, persistence, and enthusiasm! 15. Have you experienced writer's block? Oh Lord! It is the worst! 16. What advice can you give to prevent writer's block? Do not judge your writing, and cultivate the values of creative freedom, and romance. 17. As a child, did you have favorite books? Mickey Mouse books, Marvel Comic books! 18. As a child, did you enjoy reading alot? Yes! Mom read to me everyday! 19. If you had the opportunity to live one day the life of a famous author, who would it be? Jim Morrison! 19. Many author's feel a sense of self-satisfaction, or achievement after publishing a book, can you relate to such feelings? A sense of achievement! 20. How do you balance your occupation with writing? I just go along with the flow, after I settle down! 21. How did you feel at your first book-signing? I will feel like a champion! 22. If you won the lottery tomorrow, would anything change with your writing goals? Yes! Fiances would be much better, and I'd spend more time doing the things I love! 23. As writers, we begin with a manuscript, then learn about promotions, what was your most difficult task? Gathering material to create a book! 24. Some writer's need soft music, or look at an ocean, or flowers. Do you have a particular object, or scenery when writing? To sit in a dark corner of the Stockman Club(a local bar) and drink a few bloody-marys, or to sit alone in nature! 25. If you wanted to publish books in a different genre other than what you've published, what would it be? Mystery/ Adventure!

No comments: