Friday, January 23, 2009

Interview #2 With Author/ Attorney JONATHAN MILLER

Welcome back Jon! I will be Reviewing his latest release, LA BAJADA LAWYER. This novel is a dark comic, legal thriller. Jon received a *****REVIEW for VOLCANO VERDICT, one of his legal thrillers. He is a Multipublished Author, and is working on other manuscripts for New Releases. He is from Albuquerque, college at Cornell, University of Colorado Law School. He worked as a public defender in Roswell, where he began writing RATTLESNAKE LAWYER. He practiced criminal law for a few years, doing several high profile cases, then moved to LA and received an MFA at the American Film Institute. He wrote several episodes of the nationally syndicated show "Arrest And Trial" which still views on the on the Fox Reality channel. He returned to NM in 2001, and resumed a high profile criminal practice. He only writes in darkness, before dawn, or at night. He is currently practicing law. He is the Author of: RATTLESNAKE LAWYER, CRATER COUNTY, AMARILLO IN AUGUST, VOLCANO VERDICT, and LA BAJADA LAWYER! www.myspace.com/154485663 www.rattlesnakelawyer.com http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1019771320&ref=mf INTERVIEW #2 1. Geri: Is writing a passion, a stress-reliever, or both? Jon: Writing is a passion. I tend to write best under stressful situations. A good friend once accused me of seeking to murder him, and filed charges on me. During the pendency of the suit, I vowed to write everyday. I managed to finish a 60,000 word, rough draft, during the seven weeks it took to get the suit dismissed. I vowed to never publish it, or even look at it again, until after that person died. Let's just say, I am currently revising the manuscript. 2. Geri: Do you write everyday? Jon: Only in the winter! 3. Geri: How many book-signings have you been to? Jon: I've done several hundred book-signings all over America. I've been from El Paso to Ithaca. 4. Geri: How do you promote your book? Jon: Sign, sign, sign! 5. Geri: Have you written books in different genres? Jon: All my books are about lawyers. However, I wouldn't call them all legal thrillers. I consider the latest book to be a dark comedy. 6. Geri: Do you plan on writing a book every year? Jon: I have the next three books written. I plan to take a break on fiction. 7. Geri: What has inspired you the most to write? Jon: Being stuck in Roswell, New Mexico, with nothing to do but wait to get abducted. 8. Geri: What factors place you in the comfort zone while writing? Jon: I need a Starbucks, doubleshot expresso light in a can. Also, I need darkness, and quiet! 9. Geri: Have you written a series, or a sequel for one title? Jon: My books all have continuing characters. My characters do grow older. Luna was pregnant at the end of VOLCANO VERDICT, her daughter is now seven, and a character of her own. 10. Geri: After having one book published, do you now find it easier to write? Jon: Sometimes! On the other hand, I have to make sure that I am consistent with the prior books. Geri: Thank you very much for today's interview. It is an honor, and a great pleasure indeed! Jon: Your welcome, it was enjoyable!

No comments: