Tuesday, August 2, 2011

*INTERVIEW with Author SNJEZANA MARINKOVIC*

It is with Great Pleasure and an Honor to Interview Author Snjezana Marinkovic. Author of:"BORN IN SARAJEVO."  Thank you Snjezana for today's Interview. I wish you much Success.




http://www.snjezanamarinkovic.com


http://gypsyshadow.com/SnezanaMarinkovic.html


http://www.amazon.com


http://www.barnesandnoble.com


http://hopepost.blogspot.com






~~~AUTHOR INTERVIEW~~~      


What inspires you to write?


Sometimes, something as simple as an autumn leaf, exposed to the sunlight and taken away by the wind get me inspired to take a surfboard, which is my keyboard and look for the waves of words. But, what mainly inspires me to write is people. Similarities and differences we all share and then that insufficient understanding, which has always been the basis of most unreasonable human actions, even if very often they seem to be more suitable for fiction tales, are reality traits I like to hook words on.






Who is your favorite author?


Norman Vincent Peale once said: "Change your thoughts and you can change the world." Since all of us go through some kind of transformation in our lives, at some point we will start observing same things through different filters. I personally prefer change to the static forms. Therefore, I love to peek in every genre, because all of them, even if it's a work of fiction can give me a different instance of apprehending the real nature of something.There are many authors I like. Robin Cook, Jack Kerouac, Deepak Copra, and Maya Angelo.






Did you have favorite books as a child?


Many of my childhood nights, I spent with my eyes being closed as two sea-shells and my ears being open as the ocean, while I listened to my grandmother's voice as she read fairy tales to me. Of course, to this day my favorite is Snow-White, because I was named after her. More important, I found it fascinating how much her dwarfs loved her. This is a get-away from the real world that only a fairy tale could present you with.   






If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?


I am absolutely amazed by simplicity of the nature and its freedom and unpredictability that we people, despite our fears and losses, cannot stop or punish, because its laws are always stronger than ours. Therefore, if I were to write in a different genre, I would be imaginatively wandering on some type of Darwin's paths.  In other words, I would focus on scientific studies and a hypothesis, rather than on creative non-fiction. However, I enjoy writing memoirs and poetry, because if not I might wish I was born as some kind of Super, Spider woman. A woman who is perfect and fast to make everyone happy, with enough power to stop every war, and save every life.








Do you have current work in progress?


"IF" is my current work in progress. This is another non-fiction book of mine, and I was inspired by many people to write the story. Some of them are survivors of domestic war. Some of them decided to break the laws in order to protect the loved one. Some of them are just happy about overcoming fears, and for being strong and lucky enough to stay alive. I am known to many as the emotional writer, and I'm writing this book, because my own experience is connected to all of those people who inspired me.                  

No comments: