Thursday, November 10, 2011

**INTERVIEW with Author Rick D. Niece, Ph.D


It is an Honor and with Great Pleasure to Interview Rick D. Niece, Ph.D
Author of "SIDE-YARD SUPERHERO"
LIFE LESSONS FROM AN UNLIKELY TEACHER
Book I in the fanfare for a Hometown Series
Thank you Kindly for Today's Interview. I wish you continued Success.


http://www.RickNieceBooks.com


http://www.FiveStarPublications.com


Dr. Niece began his professional career in education as a high school English and Speech teacher, and he subsequently held a variety of administrative positions at the public school level. In 1988, he left the public school sector to enter higher education, where he served in several positions:Professor;academic dean;provost;and executive vice-president. In 1997, he was named President of the University of the Ozarks in Clarksville, Arkansas.






~~~AUTHOR INTERVIEW~~~


What inspires you the most to write?


In my writing, I try to capture the sense of small town nostalgia that many of my generation continue to reflect fondly upon. I also want to share that sense of community I felt with a younger generation. Most of all, my writing allows me to keep alive my carefully pocketed memories.








Did you enjoy reading as a child?


Yes! I was a voracious reader. I read every book in my mother's book-rich knitting room, as well as the books in our school library, and the local public library.








How important do you think a book cover is?


Because of geniuses like Linda Radke, I am learning more-and-more about the importance of a striking cover. The cover needs to capture a potential buyer's attention in about eight seconds, and it should entice the buyer to pick the book up, and leaf through it.








If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?


I would be no good at fiction. If there were only one other genre for me to use to express myself, it would be poetry.










Do you have current work in progress?


Yes. The Band Plays On, Book II in the Fanfare for a Hometown Series is currently in the editing stages. After my retirement in July 2013, I will continue the series with Book III, which also takes place in my small hometown of DeGraff, Ohio.



No comments: