Wednesday, November 23, 2011

**INTERVIEW with Author SHARON HAYS**


It is an Honor and with Great Pleasure to Interview Author Sharon Hays. Thank you Kindly Sharon for Today's Interview. I wish you continued Success.


http://www.SharonHays.com






~~~Author Interview~~~


What Inspires you to write?


My writing is inspired by my love of great mystery books, and life experience. I have so much to write, it seems as though I could go on forever. Even when I was a child, I wrote short-stories, and poetry. One in particular was about an Indian Chief, which received quite good grades from my teachers. I guess I always loved to write, but mostly poetry and some short stories, while in creative writing classes.




Who is your favorite author?


Oddly enough, my very favorite author is William Cullen Bryant. His poem 'Thanatopsis' was such an exquisite form of prose on the subject of death  and dying, that I never forgot it. He wrote such an eloquent description of what would normally be a very depressing subject, I thought. I was about fourteen then, I think. Edgar Allen Poe and Kahlil Gibran are also very impressive in my opinion. Current writers such as Stephen King and Dean Koontz are among some of my favorites.




Did you have favorite books as a child?


When I was young, the Nancy Drew Mystery Series was my favorite. I think I read them all once, or twice.




In your opinion, how important is a book cover?


The book cover is half the battle, I believe. It's about drawing in the looker. As in any kind of store, it's the first impression and you want someone to pick it up and thumb through it, and read the prologue. If the art is intriguing, it won't be passed on.






Do you have current work in progress?


My current work is a new children's book, 'Adventures Of Sadie Ladybug.' It is another learning with fun story for an audience of ages four to nine. Great illustrations by the artist, who has done all of my books to date. As soon as the illustrations are complete, the book will be ready to publish. 


The other book I have close to print is completely different from the rest of my works. It is an art/poetry compilation made up of art prints from twenty-five artists around the world: USA; India; Turkey; Australia: Italy; Germany; Russia; and Uzbekestan. A diverse works of photography; oil; acrylic; digital art; and sketches, which are accented with much of my poetry which I wrote for the piece, or the artist created from my poetry. There are a few other poets in the book that also reflect some of the artists works. I believe this has been the most exciting, because I was able to communicate, and become friends with artists in other countries. I would have never met, otherwise. It has been an eye-opening experience, and the book is going to be phenomenal. I paint, but only a little as there is not enough time for both art and writing, but I did include one of my acrylics in the works. The book, An Opulent Tableau Of Essence, is in layout stage, and soon will become a reality.
                                                                       

No comments: