Monday, October 13, 2008

**INTERVIEW With Dominique L. Watson**

Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Dominique: I've been writing since I was a young girl, but I had no idea that I actually wanted to write novels and inspirational stories, until a few years ago. Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing? Dominique: I love writing inspirational stories. I feel it is my purpose to inspire. I also enjoy writing fictional novels about different things we experience in life. Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to become a writer? Dominique: Absolutely! My grandmother, who raised me when I was a young girl. I believe she is truly the only person who believes in my work. Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story? Dominique: Yes, I have! It's not in print yet, but it's a book about my life when I was living in Japan with my husband, and daughter, and what the journey did to my life. Geri: Who is your favorite author? Dominique: James Patterson. I love his books, they keep you on your toes. Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life? Dominique: No, my characters are imaginary! Geri: How many books have you written? Dominique: I have 2 books published, but probably 11 0r 12 manuscripts finished. Geri: Where can your books be purchased? Dominique: www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, http://redleadbooks.com/inspiremeyoung.html http://dominiquewatson.webs.com/ Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published. Dominique: I was excited. I couldn't believe that my book was in print. It was a wonderful feeling. Geri: Do you have any current work in progress? Dominique: Yes! I'm actually working on editing my third book titled "TOO MUCH UNTOLD." This is definitely my hardest book. Geri: What are some links to your websites? Dominique: http://dominiquewatson.webs.com Geri: Do you have goals set for the future? Dominique: Just to be an established writer, for reader's to know who I am, and who I stand for. Geri: Are you exactly where you want to be in your writing endeavors? Dominique: No way! I've got a long way to go, and so much to learn. Geri: What are some factors that can help authors reach their dream of accomplishment? Dominique: Never listen to someone telling you no. Always believe in yourself, and what you can write. Be you, and express it freely! Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block? Dominique: Yes, I have, plenty of times! Geri: What advice can you give to prevent writer's block? Dominique: Walk away, and come back later. Let your mind rest, and then try to start your project again. Geri: As a child, did you have any favorite books? Dominique: Yes, I had a few, but can't remember them all. Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading? Dominique: I loved it! Geri: If you had the opportunity to one day live the life of a famous author, who would it be? Dominique: Probably James Patterson. They did a story on him, and I love how he writes. Geri: Many authors feel a sense of self-satisfaction, a sense of achievement after publishing a book, can you relate to such feelings? Dominique: Yes, I felt complete, accomplished! Geri: How do you balance your current occupation with your goals for writing? Dominique: I always make time, and where-ever I go, I carry a notebook with me. Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing Dominique: Wow! I can't believe this is me! Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, would that change your writing plans? Dominique: Nope! I would keep going, nothing can stop me from writing. Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscript, and end with promotions. What was your most difficult task? Dominique: Promotions! To get your name out there, and people to want to read your book. It's a tough job! Geri: Some writer's need to listen to music, or prefer to look at the ocean, or flowers when writing. Do you have a particular scenery? Dominique: Yes! Peace-and-quiet! I actually love to write outdoors! Geri: If you were to publish in a different genre than what you've already written, what would it be? Dominique: Romance, or science fiction. I would go way out of my league to test myself. Geri: Thank you very much for today's Interview. It's been a pleasure! Dominique: Your welcome, I enjoyed it, God Bless!

No comments: