Monday, October 13, 2008

**INTERVIEW With Sarah Abdulaziz**

Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Sarah: When I was reading an especially interesting book, and realized that I wanted to create my own stories, and poetry to entertain others. Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing? Sarah: Stories that are fantasy, and science fiction that are based on my dreams, and ideas. Also, I enjoy writing poetry. Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to write? Sarah: It was one of my teachers in fourth grade, who I greatly admired, and another person that shall stay un-named. Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story? Sarah: No, not yet, but I hope to begin one soon. I have been brainstorming, and drafting ideas for a book based on one of my life experiences. Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life? Sarah: Some are based from people I currently know, and others are from my imagination, with characteristics I admire, and find interesting. Geri: How many books have you written? Sarah: Some are not yet published, but are in the process. I've had one book published titled "Crying Rose." A compilation of poetry written by me, also I've written drafts for 3 other books. Geri: Where can your books be purchased? Sarah: "Crying Rose" can be purchased at: www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.Xlibris.com Target, Ebay, and many other retailers. Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published? Sarah: I felt exuberant, with the knowledge that one of my dreams were coming true. People will know of my work, and be entertained. Geri: Do you have any current work in progress? Sarah: Yes! I am working very hard on a vampire, fantasy story. Geri: What are some links to your websites? Sarah: www.myspace.com/sarahabdulaziz Geri: Do you have goals set for the future? Sarah: Yes, I have many that I plan to accomplish for the future. I want to become a noted, and legendary author, and poet. I want to become successful. Geri: Are you exactly where you want to be in your writing? Sarah: Yes, my life right now can't get any better. Geri: What are some factors that can help authors reach their dreams? Sarah: People who want to become authors have to have a steadfast will, and the strength to accept any problems that block their way from being an author. Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block? Sarah: Yes, I have! I just seem to lose my ideas, and imagination. Geri: What advice can you give to prevent writer's block? Sarah: Just take a break from writing. Get your mind on other things, and be more active. Geri: As a child, did you have favorite books? Sarah: Dr. Seuss Books! I love Dr. Seuss books! They have such imagination, and always made me laugh! Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading? Sarah: As a child, I was not that interested in reading. My mother inspired me to read more books, and that increased my outlook on life, and knowledge I had on the world. Geri: If you had the opportunity to one day live the life of a famous author, who would it be? Sarah: Jane Austen. I love the way she writes, and her books. Geri: Some authors feel self-satisfaction, some feel a sense of achievement after publishing a book, can you relate to such feelings? Sarah: Yes, absolutely! I have felt both self-satisfaction, and a sense of achievement, because I feel closer to accomplishing my goals. Geri: How do you balance your current occupation with writing? Sarah: I'm a student, and write daily. I must study, continue my education, and write daily. Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing? Sarah: I have not had a book-signing yet, but I have signed books for a couple of fans, and felt proud. Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, would your writing plans change? Sarah: It would not change my plans for writing. I'd be able to write, and publish more, while being financially secure. Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscript, and end in promotions. What was your most difficult task? Sarah: Waiting for a publisher to accept your book, and publish it. Geri: Some writer's need to listen to music,or look at flowers, or the ocean. Do you have a particular scenery? Sarah: I like looking outside my window. You can see people, and children playing around, the sky, and many trees. It gives me another aspect on writing. Geri: If you were to write in a different genre than what you've already published, what would it be? Sarah: A novel of romance! Geri: Thank you very much for Today's Interview. It's been a pleasure! Sarah: Your welcome, it was fun!

No comments: