Saturday, February 21, 2009

**INTERVIEW with Author STEPHEN ROSS MEIER**

Author Of: KATKA Subtitle: a novella Genre: Fiction I Welcome to today's Interview, Author Stephen Ross Meier. It is an honor, and with great pleasure to present your work to readers, and fellow Authors. http://www.stephenrossmeier.com/ http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=425299171 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1127140550&ref=profile INTERVIEW Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Stephen: When I was a little kid, and used to listen to my father tell my brother, and I, bedtime stories. I fell in love with storytelling. Then, over the years, the desire grew more-and-more as I read everything I could get my hands on, including many of the Harvard Classics. Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing? Stephen: Fiction, books that have very witty, and edgy dialogue, and deep and everlasting characters. Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to become a writer? Stephen: My father! Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story? Stephen: Some events in "KATKA" are based on true life experiences, and much of my first novel, "TEACHING PANDAS TO SWIM" were as well. Geri: Who is your favorite author? Stephen: Tough question! I'm going to have to go with Charles Bukowski. Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life, or are they from the imagination? Stephen: Combination! Geri: How many books have you written? Stephen: Two, KATKA, and TEACHING PANDAS TO SWIM. Also, I have two more that are almost finished. Geri: Where can your books be purchased? Stephen: http://www.amazon.com/ http://www.stephenrossmeier/ Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published. Stephen: Like a kid on Christmas! To see my book in print, and know that it was out there for the world, was amazing, truly amazing! Geri: Do you have any current work in progress for a new release? Stephen: Yes! "TEACHING PANDAS TO SWIM." Geri: What are some links to your websites? Stephen: http://www.stephenrossmeier.com/ Geri: Do you have goals set for the future in your journey of writing? Stephen: Yes, I would really like to see "KATKA" turned into a movie. Plus, I would love to be able to continue writing, and publishing books. Geri: At this point and time in your life, are you exactly where you want to be in your writing endeavors? Stephen: No, I'm about ten years behind, but I'm a lot wiser now and everything happens for a reason, right? Geri: What are some factors that can help authors reach their dream of accomplishment? Stephen: Patience, determination, resilience and stamina, humility and hope! Plus, you have to believe in yourself, and your writing. It doesn't hurt to have friends and family in your corner to support you! Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block? Stephen: Of course, but now what I do is turn up the iPod, and start writing the lyrics to songs I love! Geri: What advice can you give to other authors to prevent writer's block? Stephen: Remember that it happens to everyone, and to just keep writing! Don't worry if you think it sucks, or not! Don't worry if you think it's original, or not! Geri: As a child, did you have favorite books? Stephen: Aesop's Fables, The choose your own adventure books, Lion, With and the Wardrobe. Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading? Stephen: Yes, I did very much! Geri: If you had the opportunity to one day live the life of a famous author, who would it be? Stephen: Wow! What a question, that's so tough! How about Doestoevsky, or Milan Kundera! Wait! Do Poets count? Jose Marti had a pretty amazing life. Geri: Many authors feel a sense of self-satisfaction after publishing a book. Some feel a sense of achievement, can you relate to such feelings? Stephen: One-hundred percent! I don't think people have a clue how hard it is to write a story, and then put it out there for the world to see! Geri: How do you balance your current occupation with your writing? Stephen: I worked my butt off for six years, and sold my soul to the devil to make money, and finally sold my company so that I could write full-time. Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing? Stephen: At a loss for words, it was a dream come true, truly! Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, would anything change? Stephen: No, it would just make things easier! Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscript, and end with promotions. What was your most difficult task? Stephen: Promoting, and selling the book is the hardest, it's all business. There is a bit of creativity, but really a full-time job, and you have to be determined! Geri: Some writer's need to listen to music, look at the ocean, or flowers while writing. Do you have a particular scenery? Stephen: Music! That's why I think the iPod is the greatest invention. It allows me to choose songs that inspire me to write the scenes I need to write. Geri: If you were to write a book in a different genre, what would it be? Stephen: Someone else just asked me this, and I really don't know. Perhaps, I've thought of writing a horror screenplay, but we'll see, let's get some other fiction books out! Geri: Thank you very much for your time. This Interview was very enjoyable indeed! Stephen: Your welcome!

No comments: