Thursday, February 19, 2009

INTERVIEW with Author TIM KELLIS

It is an honor, and with great pleasure to bring to today's Interview Author Tim Kellis. Author of: "Equality" Subtitle: The Quest For The Happy Marriage www.myspace.com/timkellis www.HappyRelationships.com www.youtube.com/user/happyrelationships www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1359207598&v=info&viewas=135920 7598 AUTHOR INTERVIEW Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Tim: That is really a funny question, because I never really thought about being a writer, until inspiration led me to writing "Equality: The Quest for the Happy Marriage." My undergraduate degree is engineering, and I wasn't much of a writer as a kid. But, as an adult I became a voracious reader of non-fiction books, with hundreds of books under my belt, even before taking up the research on Equality. But, after I got my MBA, I became a semiconductor analyst on Wall Street, which requires an intense focus on writing. On Wall Street, analysts live by the creed "Publish or Perish." I began my career by publishing a three-hundred page initation report on the communications semiconductor industry. So, when inspiration led me to writing, I had already become a writer in training. I never really knew I wanted to become a writer until after the fact, another case of realizing your life's destiny after it had already been handed to you. Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing? Tim: I really enjoy non-fiction work. As I like to say another person's reality is my fiction. Reading non-fiction allows me to get into the life lived by others. Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to write? Tim: I would have to say working as a Wall Street analyst inspired me to become a writer. My first boss, Richard Davis really gave me the freedom to explore putting my thoughts into words, along with the other Director's of Research, I worked for during my ten year career. Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story? Tim: The reality is the book I have written is partially based on my life. There is even an autobiography in the middle of the book. The book includes the life of others as well, such as Martin Luther King, and Adolf Hitler. Geri: Who is your favorite author? Tim: I would have to answer that my favorite author is not really an author per se, but a psychologist, Dr. carl Jung. I could not have written a complete answer to the marriage problem without the discoveries made by him. Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life, or are they from the imagination? Tim: Of course, people mentioned in my book are real life characters. Geri: How many books have you written? Tim: Just the one right now, although I have two others in my head, which I will write as soon as I can. But, I published my initiation report on the communications semiconductor industry a total of three times. Geri: Where can your book be purchased? Tim: https://www.happyrelationships.com/buy.aspx http:www.amazon.com/Equality-Quest-Marriage-Tim- Kellis/dp/0979984807/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s= books&qid=1234194248&sr=8-1 I am in the process of getting the book on Barnes&Noble, and getting a major distributor to carry the book. Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published? Tim: There is no describing to see your book bound in its final product. I had to stare at it for a long time, before it really sank in that the project was finished. Geri: Do you have any current work in progress for a new release? Tim: I currently have two other books in my head, but my current focus on promoting the current book doesn't give me the freedom yet to work on others. Geri: What are some links to your websites? Tim: http://www.happyrelationships.com/ is my main page, but I am on many others, such as Facebook, and Myspace. Geri: Do you have goals set for your future in your journey of writing? Tim: I need for others to understand the message of my book, that there is a way you can set up your marriage to succeed. Geri: At this point and time in your life, are you exactly where you want to be in your writing endeavors? Tim: I don't really think writers ever get to the point where they are content with their careers, and I am no different. I feel like I am just beginning. Geri: What are some factors that can help authors reach their dream of accomplishment? Tim: Focus, focus, focus! I spent ten months researching, reading over a hundred books, which equates to two and a half books a week. I then spent nine months writing the book. The point is I focused my entire life on this project. Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block? Tim: No, I never really experienced writer's block. I think that because the amount of research I did, I had the whole story in my head, and it was just a matter of sitting down in front of a computer, and writing. Geri: What advice can you give to authors to prevent writer's block? Tim: I would have to say, make sure you have done sufficient research. Geri: As a child, did you have any favorite books? Tim: Again, funny thing about my career as a writer was that I really didn't like to read all that much as a kid. I remember getting my readers certificates by reading comic books. Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading? Tim: Not until I became an adult. Geri: If you had the opportunity to one day live the life of a famous author, who would it be? Tim: Dr. Carl Jung, who spent his career doing research. Geri: Many authors feel a sense of self-satisfaction after publishing a book. Some feel a sense of achievement, can you relate to such feelings? Tim: I most certainly can, but it will not be complete until others share in my message. Geri: How do you balance your current occupation with your goals for writing? Tim: I do nothing right now, except focus on promoting my book. I will get around to writing again when the time is right. Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing? Tim: I love signing my book. I feel like I can connect personally with the reader. Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, would that change your plans for your writing career? Tim: Are you kidding me, not one bit. I don't do this for money. Geri: As a writer, we begin with a manuscript, and end with promotions, what was your most difficult task? Tim: Promoting, getting others to understand the value of my message, so that they would be interested in pursuing to read my book. Geri: Some writer's need to listen to soft music while writing, some need to hear the ocean, or look at flowers, Do you have any particular scenery? Tim: I enjoy the peace, and quiet when I work. Geri: If you were to write a book in a different genre, what would it be? Tim: I would write more spiritual books. Geri: It was very enjoyable to interview you. I was amazed by the fact that we have so much in common in the world of writing. Best of luck to you in your writing endeavors! Tim: Thank you very much!

2 comments:

Tim Kellis said...

Geri

Thank you so much for posting our interview. I look forward to corresponding with your readers.

Tim

Author Geri Ahearn said...

Your quite Welcome Tim! I enjoyed
the Interview as much as you! It's
a Pleasure working together, And
it's only the beginning! The World
needs More books published on your
Topic. It certainly would be a
great benefit to our society Today,
and the Family unit!