Monday, April 6, 2009

**INTERVIEW with Author Sandra L. Vardaman**

It is an honor, and with great pleasure to Interview Author Sandra L. Vardaman! Author of: "Nightmares can be Murder" Genre: Young Adult Mystery INTERVIEW Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Sandra: I tried to write my first novel at age twelve about two twins. One was evil, and one was good. Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing? Sandra: Mysteries! Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to become a writer? Sandra: No, but my mother encouraged me! Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story? Sandra: No! Geri: Who is your favorite author? Sandra: There are so many. Edgar Allan Poe, and Stephen King to start! Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life? Sandra: All from the imagination! Geri: How many books have you written? Sandra: One novel, and I have children stories in an anthology. Geri: Where can your book be purchased? Sandra: New Century Publishing, Borders in Greenwood, IN and through my website. Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published. Sandra: On cloud nine, but scared at the same time. I knew that the hard work of getting my book out to the public was just beginning. Geri: Do you have any current work in progress? Sandra: I'm working on my next novel, "The Nightmares Not Over." But, it will be a while before it's completed. Geri: What are some links to your websites? Sandra: www.sandralvardaman-author.com www.myspace.com/slvardaman www.facebook.com/home.php www.newcenturypublishing.org Geri: Do you have goals set for the future? Sandra: To be the best I can be, and one day to help other inspiring writer's to succeed in their quest to publish their work! Geri: At this point and time in your life, are you exactly where you want to be? Sandra: No! I am a procrastinator, and never get as much done as I would like! Geri: What are some factors that can help author's reach their dream of accomplishment? Sandra: Don't talk about writing, learn everything you can, then do it. Put your ego aside, realize that everything you write is not gold, and listen to constructive criticism. Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block? Sandra: I'm having a problem with that right now, but I think it's more laziness than anything. Geri: What advice can you give to prevent writer's block? Sandra: I'm not sure if it can be prevented. If you feel it coming on, try to get your mind on something else for a while, then go back to your writing with a fresh approach. Geri: As a child, did you have favorite books? Sandra: Oddly enough! I did not read much when I was younger, and I wasn't read to. Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading? Sandra: No! Geri: If you had the opportunity to one day live the life of a famous author, who would it be? Sandra: Well, I hope that would be me someday! But for now, I wouldn't mind stepping in Stephen King's shoes! Geri: Many author's feel a sense of satisfaction after publishing a book. Some feel a sense of achievement, can you relate? Sandra: I think I will feel a sense of achievement, after I have published my second, or third book. Then I will know that I have really accomplished something! Geri: How do you balance occupation with writing? Sandra: Writing is my occupation! Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing? Sandra: I had my first book-signing at Borders bookstore, and I had a lot of fun. I sort of felt like a celebrity. Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would change? Sandra: I would be able to market my book, and I would be able to travel more to inspire my writing! Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscritpt, and end with promotions. What was your most difficult task? Sandra: Promoting is the most difficult. Writer's tend to be introverts, and it's very hard to be in the public eye to convince people to purchase our books. Geri: Some writer's listen to music, some look at flowers, or the ocean. Do you have a particular scenery? Sandra: The only thing I focus on is the computer screen! Geri: If you were to publish a book in a different genre than what you've already published, what would it be? Sandra: I write mainly mysteries, but I would love to write horror someday, with a twist of mystery! Geri: Thank you very much for your time with this interview. It was very enjoyable! Sandra: Your welcome!

No comments: