Tuesday, June 9, 2009

**INTERVIEW with REBECCA LERWILL**

It is with great pleasure to interview author Rebecca Lerwill. author of: "THE ACRONYM" Subtitle: "White Nights Of St. Petersburg Genre: Thriller/Espionage/Romantic Suspense INTERVIEW Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Rebecca: Although writing essays, poetry, and editorials has been a passion for life, the realization of wanting to be a published author hit me just a few years ago. My husband and I traveled a lot due to his work. While he drove, I read. After finishing a novel, I realized that I should give it a try. Eighteen months later, I received my first book award for my debut novel "RELOCATING MIA." Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing? Rebecca: Espionage, romance, and international crime. I like taking my readers half way around the world, while wrapping them into a twistful plot, and a little love. Geri: Did a special person inspire you to write? Rebecca: Poe, and King are my greatest influences. My mom is an awesome poet, but there isn't anyone in particular who nudged me to do this. Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story? Rebecca: I'm in the process of that. My memoir "BECOMING AMERICAN" is based on my life as a European, and a Rodeo Clown's wife, traveling the country while connecting with my inner, American self. Geri: Who is your favorite author? Rebecca: Oh Boy! Poe, King, Grisham, and some unknown Indie authors. Flynn, McClatchy, and Monahan. Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life? Rebecca: There isn't a character I created that doesn't feature some of my own, or a friend's personality traits. Geri: How many books have you written? Rebecca: Two that have been published. I'm working on a poetry book, as well as my memoir. Geri: Where can your books be purchased? Rebecca: Signed Copies can be ordered at my website: www.rebeccalerwill.com Online Booksellers Brick and Mortar stores via order Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published? Rebecca: Relieved, anxious, and proud! Geri: Do you have any current work in progress? Rebecca: "BECOMING AMERICAN" and "STAIN ON A CARPET." Geri: What are some links to your websites? Rebecca: www.rebeccalerwill.com www.authorsden.com/rebeccalerwill Geri: Do you have goals set for the future? Rebecca: Write what I mean, and mean what I write? Geri: Are you exactly where you want to be with your writing? Rebecca: It's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but when it comes to being an Indie author with a limited self-promotion budget, this light at the end of the tunnel could be a freight train coming myway. But yes, I'm happy with the progress. I learn everyday, and like to entertain with the stuff I like to do. Geri: What are some factors that can help authors to reach their dream? Rebecca: Write what you mean, mean what you write, and luck! Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block? Rebecca: Of course, but that's no reason to panic. I think it's a sign of staying away from the seated position, and go smell the roses! Geri: What advice can you give to prevent it? Rebecca: It hits you like a nasty virus. It's not a matter of if you can prevent writer's block, it's a matter of when. When it does hit, get up and smell the roses. Geri: As a child, did you have favorite books? Rebecca: Yes, I grew up in Germany. Tina Caspari is a German author, and wrote many great books, mostly horse related children's books. Her twenty-one book series, BILIE and ZOTTEL is my all time favorite. Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading? Rebecca: Absolutely! I grew up with just two TV channels, between those and scary radio plays, it was only natural to read a lot. Geri: If you had the opportunity to one day live the life of a famous author, who would it be? Rebecca: I couldn't say! I wouldn't want to trade with anyone, not for fame, or fortune! Geri: Many authors feel a sense of self-satisfaction, or achievement after publishing a book. Can you relate? Rebecca: The sense of achievement is a natural high, especially after publishing two books within twenty months. Geri: How do you balance occupation with writing? Rebecca: I'm self-employed, and am able to schedule my writing related work to suit my needs. Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing? Rebecca: It was a very cool feeling. Book-signings are fun, and don't intimidate me! Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would change? Rebecca: Nothing, I would always write! Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscript, and end in promotions. What was your most difficult task. Rebecca: To stay focused, and not run around like the proverbial headless chicken. I have no trouble speaking to large groups, but I'm known to take six hours to compose a simple press release. Geri: Some writer's listen to music while writing, or focus on a particular scenery. Can you relate? Rebecca: I have Utah's beautiful Wasatch Mountain range right outside my office window, and I prefer utter silence. Geri: If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be? Rebecca: Both of my novels are different genres. Maybe someday, I will write a horror story too! Geri: Thank you for this interview, it was enjoyable! Rebecca: You're welcome!

No comments: