Tuesday, July 21, 2009

**INTERVIEW with author DAUSON LOVI**

I Welcome author DAUSON LOVI!
author of: "HOLY SHIT"
Subtitle: "A Brief Look At Christianity's Problem"
Genre: Religion/ Skeptics/ Atheist
**INTERVIEW**
Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing?
Dauson: I like to write books that deal with religion, history, and society. My main
goal with most of the things I write is to get people to think. Something I
strive to do is to help people see they can be good without God, and the way
I've chosen to do this is by debunking religions with their own Holy books.
Geri: How many books have you written?
Dauson: I have written several books throughout my life, but currently only have one
published. The others were more of a hobby.
Geri: Do you have any current work in progress?
Dauson: Currently, I am working on three books: two non-fictional, and one fictional.
Two of these books, I'm actually in the writing stages with, while the other
one I have only begun the research.
Geri: Has anyone inspired you to write? Dauson: My family has always been supportive of my writing, but I don't think there has ever been a person who has actually inspired me to write. It's just something I've always done. It's just part of who I am. Geri: Who is your favorite author? Dauson: My favorite author is Nathaniel Hawthorne. While his work in "The Scarlet Letter" is wordy, it is my favorite book of all time, and not because it's a beautiful love story, but because it points out the flaws of idealistic society. He shows that love is never idealistic, and I think it was a profound statement for its time. Geri: Did you have any favorite books as a child? Dauson: My favorite book as a child, ironically, was the Bible. I can remember my dad reading various stories out of the gospels, nearly every night. Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Dauson: I don't think I ever realized I wanted to be a writer. It's always been a part of my life, and who I am. It wasn't something I realized, it was always something I've just done. Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published? Dauson: I don't know that I can really describe the feelings I had when I was first published as I don't think the reality of it has hit me yet. Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing, or the first time you signed your book? Dauson: The first book that I signed was for my parents, and it was an extremely proud moment for me. Not so much proud that I was published and could sign a book, but proud that my parents supported me every step of the way. It was quite an emotional time as I realized just how lucky I am to have love and support from my family. Geri: What factors place you in the comfort zone while writing? Dauson: The key factor to my comfort when I'm writing is having my two cats gawking around. One of them is usually sitting on my lap, while the other one judgmentally watches me from a distance. Sometimes, I don't think I can work without them.

Geri: It has been with great pleasure, and an honor to interview you today. Thank you, and welcome aboard! Dauson: You're welcome!

No comments: