Thursday, October 8, 2009

**INTERVIEW #3 with Author LYNDA COKER**

It is a great honor, and a pleasure to interview Author Lynda Coker
today.
Author of: "THE OCEAN BETWEEN" 5Star Review
INTERVIEW
Geri: What motivates you to write?
Lynda: I see, hear, or imagine something that lingers and annoys
me, until I start to give it a substance. Then I fall into my
own creation. I'm hooked. I have to write the story.
Geri: Has TV ever inspired you to write about a certain topic?
Lynda: No, to be honest. I'm not much of a TV watcher.
Geri: Do you believe that the cover of a book can draw the reader
in faster to the story?
Lynda: Oh, Yes! Covers are like portals to another world. They give
you a glimpse of what's in store, if you're brave enough
to take the journey.
Geri: Is writing a passion, a stress-reliever, or both?
Lynda: Both, and sometimes it's a stress-creator, as well. I'm a
writer who tries to write from the inside-out. That is,
getting into the heads of my characters, standing in
their shoes, and feeling what they feel. So I experience
all kinds of emotions, which can be stressful, but always
thrilling.
Geri: What factors place you in the comfort zone while writing?
Lynda: Being alone, quiet, and focused. A hot, sweet cup of Earl
Grey and homemade, oatmeal cookies to sustain my
"pretend mode."
Geri: That treat sounds yummy, made me crave for those cookies.
Thank you kindly for your time, and I wish you much
success in your writing endeavors!
Lynda: You're welcome.

No comments: