Saturday, September 25, 2010

**INTERVIEW With Author DOMONIQUE MAYHAWK**

It is with Great Honor and a Pleasure to Interview Author Domonique Mayhawk.


Author of:     "MEET POOKY"


Subtitle:         "The New Kid"


Genre:            Children's Book





http://www.xlibris.com/mayhawk.html

http://twitter.com/dmayhawk

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=2227058

http://dhawkillustrator.weebly.com/

http://dmayhawk.blogspot.com/






~~~AUTHOR INTERVIEW~~~


Geri:     What inspires you the most to write?

Domonique:     My life experiences that I feel could be made into a story. Children also inspire
                         me to write, as well as reading other stories.









Geri:           When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer?

Domonique:      I was writing poems starting back in 2008. I was in my last year at the University
                          of Michigan Art & Design school. I was working on a script for my movie 'Short'
                          as my final senior project. I was doing a lot of research on writing for the screen.
                          I had a lot of stories, but never really thought about writing them down. So, I really
                          began writing when I was also writing my movie 'Short' script. I landed my first
                          children's book illustration gig with the author of the book "LJ and the
                          Dreammaker, six months after I graduated, and I worked with the author for
                          about a year. I really enjoyed illustrating for children's books, and realized in
                          November of 2009 that I had a childhood story to share, and I began to write it.
                          I finished the manuscript in December and put it away for a few months, then
                          I contacted a self-publishing company to publish it. Once my book was released,
                          I realized that I love to write for children, so I began to write more and decided
                          to turn it into a series. I will continue to work on this project.











Geri:                  Who is your favorite author?

Domonique:        One of my favorite children's book authors is Barbara Park of the 'Junie B.
                            Jones book series.' 










Geri:                  If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?

Domonique:       Comic book series, a teen autobiography, a science fiction fantasy. I have already
                            started to write for the screen, but just need to continue. I sort of put it on the
                            back burner for the moment.









Geri:                   Do you have current work in progress?

Domonique:        I have started working on the manuscripts for my second and third books
                            called Pooky, 'In October and Pooky.' I am thankful for my 'Pooky book
                            series.'
                          
                          
                      
                            




Geri:               Thank you for your time. I wish you much success in your writing goals.

Domonique:    You're welcome.




No comments: