Sunday, November 9, 2008

*INTERVIEW WITH Author Mack Beasley*

It is with Great Pleasure, and an Honor to bring to Today's Interview, Author Mack Beasley! Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer? Mack: I would say when I was about twenty-one. I dreamed of writing a book, but nothing would ever come to mind, except a title. Geri: What type of books do you enjoy writing? Mack: Mystery, and Suspense, the same kind that I like to read. Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to write? Mack: Many of the real good authors like James Patterson, John Sandford, and Robert Parker made me want to try to write. Geri: Have you written any books based on a true life story? Mack: No, not yet! But, I am considering doing a fiction based on my own life, and my struggle with alcohol. The things that happened to me, because of the choices I made. Geri: Who is your favorite author? Mack: I would have to say Robert Parker Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life? Mack: Most are created from people I've known in real life, just a few are from my imagination. Geri: How many books have you written? Mack: I have two books. I just finished the second, which is a Mystery novel. Geri: Where can your books be purchased? Mack: Barnesandnoble, Amazon, http://mackbeasley.webs.com/ or: any online book seller. Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published? Mack: Really good! Like a dream had come true! Geri: Do you have any current work in progress? Mack: I'm going to start the third book in this series within the next few months! Geri: What are some links to your websites? Mack: http://www.publishedauthors.net/mackbeasley/bio.html shoutlife.com/mackbeasley http://mackbeasley.webs.com/ Geri: Do you have goals set for the future? Mack: Not really! I'm retired, so I take it as it comes! Geri: At this time in your life, are you exactly where you want to be with your writing? Mack: Well, I'd like to have a NY Times Best Seller, but I'm happy where I am! Geri: What can help authors reach for their dream? Mack: You just have to sit down, and do it! It takes a while, and you get discouraged, but one day at a time. Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block? Mack: I don't know if I call it writer's block, but I do have to sit down from time-to-time, and figure out where I'm going! Geri: What advice can you give to prevent writer's block? Mack: I think taking a break from writing always helps me, plus doing other things that I enjoy. Geri: As a child, did you have any favorite books? Mack: I read a lot of Roy Rogers books when I was a kid. Geri: As a child, did you enjoy reading a lot? Mack: Always! Geri: If you had the opportunity to one day live the life of a famous author, who would it be? Mack: I really don't know. I'm happy with the life I have today, and that hasn't always been true. Geri: Many authors feel a sense of self-satisfaction after publishing a book. Some feel a sense of achievemet, can you relate to such feelings? Mack: I can! When the Publishing Company accepted my novel, and sent me a contract, I felt a dream came true! Geri: How do you balance your current occupation with writing Mack: I'm retired, and started writing when I retired, so I never had that problem. Geri: How did you feel at your first book-signing? Mack: I felt humble, and very thankful that people would buy my book, and read it. I felt real good when people asked me to sign it, and write a note. I think that's the best part of writing! Geri: If you won the lottery tomorrow, would that change your writing plans? Mack: I think no-matter what we say, it would change everything. For me, I'd be able to hire someone to help me. Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscript, and end in promotions, what was the most difficult task? Mack: Since I was in sales, and promotions all my life, that was easier for me. The part I like the least is the travel to set up the book signing, interviews, or whatever I can do to get my name in front of people. Geri: Some writer's listen to music, some focus on the ocean, or flowers. Do you have a particular scenery to focus on? Mack: No, I want it quiet! I want to be in my study at home, usually alone. I have to be comfortable, and at ease. Geri: If you were to have a book published other than what you've written already, what would it be? Mack: I think I would try a non-fiction! Geri: Thank you very much Mack. It's been a Pleasure to Promote you from day one! Mack: Your quite welcome, thank you for your time!

No comments: