Monday, August 31, 2009

**INTERVIEW with Author JEFFREY A. ONORATO**

Author Of: "THE SIN OF ADDISON HALL"
Genre: Science Fiction/ Dystopian
INTERVIEW
Geri: What inspires you to write?
Jeffrey: The desire to tell a story that gets people to challenge
their value systems.
Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer?
Jeffrey: While in college. I didn't get too many "A"s in college,
however, I exceled in my creative writing and English
classes. Unfortunately, I was an Accounting major.
Geri: Who is your favorite author?
Jeffrey: Without a doubt, it is Orwell. My writing heavily reflects
this. I also consider my influences to be Vonnegut (WE)
and Huxley.
Geri: How many books have you written?
Jeffrey: I have written two. One has been published, and I am
putting the final touches on number two. I already have
started a sequel to my first novel, "THE SIN OF
ADDISON HALL."
Geri: How did you feel the first time you were published?
Jeffrey: The best word to describe my feeling was relief. Second
would be validation. I invested so much time writing
THE SIN OF ADDISON HALL, about five years, that
it would have been discouraging to not have it
published, all that time wasted. I felt validated in the
sense that writing is a solitary act, and I am never
sure if what I am creating is good. Apparently, some
thought so, or else it would not have been published,
but I am very interested in feedback from those who
decide to read it.
Geri: What factors place you in the comfort zone while writing?
Jeffrey: I write better in a busy environment. For instance,
I love writing in coffee houses. I tend to write, get up
and walk around, sit back down and write some more
and get up and walk around again, etc. I am not as
productive, when I write at home.
Geri: Did you have favorite books as a child?
Jeffrey: Animal Farm. That "novelette" is a perfect display
of Orwell's genius. That book entertained me as a
twelve year old, and has enough depth to entertain me
as an adult. I also liked Charlotte's Web. I tried to like
Black Beauty, because it had such beautiful cover
art, but I couldn't get into it.
Geri: Is writing a passion, a stress-reliever, or both?
Jeffrey: It started out as a passion, and it remains so, but an
ancillary benefit is stress relief.
Geri: If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?
Jeffrey: History, non-fiction. I pull many historical references,
and use the underpinnings of historical events in my
writing.
Geri: Do you have any current work in progress?
Jeffrey: The work I am most excited about is a sequel to
"THE SIN OF ADDISON HALL." Although, I am
putting the finishing touches on a novel that lampoons
materialism.
Geri: It has been an honor, and with great pleasure to
interview you today. Thank you very much!
Jeffrey: You're welcome!

No comments: