Wednesday, September 2, 2009

**INTERVIEW with Author DIANNE EBERTT BEEAFF**

It is with great pleasure, and an honor to interview Author Dianne Ebertt Beeaff today.
Author of: "POWER'S GARDEN"
Genre: Historical Fiction
INTERVIEW
Geri: What inspires you to write?
Dianne: I am inspired by the endless adventure of living, and the ways people
have of dealing with it.
Geri: Who is your favorite author?
Dianne: Various, but especially Kurt Vonnegut, Mary Austin, and Annie
Dillard.
Geri: When did you first realize that you wanted to be a writer?
Dianne: In third grade, there was a bookmobile that came to the corner of
our street, and I discovered from there a small book titled
DEEP RIVER GIRL, the story of Marian Anderson. It made me
realize that I wanted to tell stories like that, for a living, if possible.
Geri: How many books have you written?
Dianne: Three.
Geri: Did you have favorite books as a child?
Dianne: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS, the THORNTON BURGESS,
and BEATRIX POTTER BOOKS.
Geri: If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?
Dianne: Narrative non-fiction.
Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life?
Dianne: There are snippets of some people I've known in real life, but the
characters themselves are an accumulation of different people,
real, and imaginary.
Geri: Is writing a passion, a stress-reliever, or both?
Dianne: My professional writing is a passion. My journal writing is often
a stress-reliever.
Geri: Do you have any current work in progress?
Dianne: I'm currently working on a non-fiction book on the Stone Age,
and Bronze Age stone monuments of Western Europe that has a
spiritual dimension.
Geri: What factors place you in a comfort zone while writing?
Dianne: I like complete silence when I work.
Geri: Thank you very much for your time. I wish you much success in
your writing endeavors!
Dianne: You're welcome!

No comments: