Saturday, September 12, 2009

*INTERVIEW with Author AIDA OSMANI*

It is an honor, and with great pleasure to interview Author Aida Osmani
today.
Author of: "From The Ruins"
Subtitle: "A Daughter, A Refugee, An American Soldier"
Genre: Non-fiction
INTERVIEW
Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to write?
Aida: My mother, and my father were my inspiration, who
are some of the main characters in the book. I also
had many inspirations while serving in the United
States Army, as well as mentors who have encouraged
me to write this book.
Geri: Who is your favorite author?
Aida: My all time favorite authors are Thomas Mann, and
Ayn Rand, but there are so many great authors with
great books that I enjoy reading. Books influence me
in many ways, even the way I think or feel, and they
helped me grow and develop through my life, which
I truly appreciate.
Geri: How did you feel the first time you were published?
Aida: I was so afraid, and nervous. The story I wrote is very
personal in nature, and as much as I wanted to bring
people into my world, I wasn't sure if I could handle
negative criticism. I didn't write FROM THE RUINS,
because I consider myself a good writer. I wrote it,
because I had something to say. I wasn't sure if the
book is well written, or if anyone would enjoy it.
Although I had a lot of mixed feelings, I still felt that
I had to publish this book. It was almost my relief from
pain, regrets, and thoughts I carried with me for many
years.
Geri: Are your characters from people you've known in real
life?
Aida: The story is true, and all characters are real. I changed
the names to protect their privacy.
Geri: Do you have current work in progress?
Aida: I have many ideas on the next book, but at this time,
I am taking a break, due to my other commitments.
Although I started working on my draft for the second
book, I felt that a break is necessary for me to be able
to spend some time with my family.
Geri: If you were to write in a different genre, what would it be?
Aida: I would love to write a romance novel, or a book about
relationships, and even a non-fiction about different
structures of governments all over the world.
Geri: Did you have favorite books as a child?
Aida: One book that I was fascinated with and kept reading
over-and-over is "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The
Sea."
Geri: Thank you very much for your time. I wish you much
success in all your writing endeavors!
Aida: You're welcome!

No comments: