Sunday, September 6, 2009

**INTERVIEW with Author/Attorney CHRIS TAYLOR**

It is an honor, and with great pleasure to interview Author/Attorney
Chris Taylor.
Author of: "Granted! A Teacher's Guide To Writing & Winning
Classroom Grants.
Genre: Non-fiction/Education/Grant Writing
INTERVIEW
Geri: How many books have you written?
Chris: "Granted! A Teacher's Guide To Writing and Winning
Classroom Grants" is my first published book, although
I was one of three poets whose works were published
in an anthology entitled WAVES.
Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to write?
Chris: I have enjoyed writing since I was very young, so the
process is a part of who I am, without a particular
inspiration as its origin.
Geri: How did you feel the first time you were published?
Chris: Seeing GRANTED in print was an unforgettable
experience. Linda Radke, many others with Five
Star Publications, and I spent so much time on the
effort, that it was amazing to see all our work finally
become something physical that could be picked up
and read.
Geri: Who is your favorite author?
Chris: I love John Fowles, but I also enjoy the mysteries of
Tony Hillerman, and Tana French, and the
children's novels of Brian Jacques.
Geri: Do you have current work in progress?
Chris: I am in the process of editing my children's novel,
"Captain Con And The Red Jacket." It's a pirate
adventure. I am also writing a children's novel,
SARAH FINN, that has elements of fantasy, and
inspiration. It is set in 1963, Oklahoma.
Geri: Are your characters from people you've known
in real life?
Chris: My characters are developed from bits and pieces of
many, different people I have known. They are not
based entirely on any particular people, although the
two books I am currently working on were inspired
by my two children, Nick and Cate, and are written
for them.
Geri: Did you have favorite books as a child?
Chris: I loved the Trixie Belden series. She was a tomboy,
and I didn't think much of the 'girly girls' I found
in most novels of the time. I wanted to live all her
adventures.
Geri: Thank you very much for your time. I wish you
much success with your upcoming new releases!
Chris: You're welcome!

No comments: