Friday, September 4, 2009

**INTERVIEW with author RAY LOPEZ**

Author of: "Inside The Minds Of Car Dealers"
Subtitle: "How To Buy Your Next Car Without Fear"
Genre: Non-fiction
It is with great pleasure, and an honor to interview Author Ray Lopez
today!
AUTHOR INTERVIEW
Geri: Did a special person in your life inspire you to write?
Ray: Yes, there were two. The general Sales Manager at a
luxury car dealership I worked at in 1998. He raked me
over the coals for giving my brother a deal on a used
car. Then screamed at me that if I couldn't F***
over my own mom and dad, then brag about it
afterward, I didn't belong there. He was so very right!
Then there was the co-owner of a Ford dealer that I
was interviewing at in 1990. He took me on a walking tour
of the dealership as we discussed selling philosophy.
He greeted a customer on the lot, who said he was just
looking. He wasn't in the market for anything at the
time. The co-owner yelled at him to get off the
property. His dealership was for buyers, not for people who look,
wasting his salesman's time!
Geri: Who is your favorite author?
Ray: Ray Bradbury. He creates mental visuals with his
words.
Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known
in real life?
Ray: Yes! Everyone I mention in my book are people I've
worked with.
Geri: How many books have you written?
Ray: This is my first book. I'm currently working on my
second.
Geri: How did you feel the first time you were published?
Ray: Beyond adjectives! There is no clear way to describe
the emotion running through me, when I saw my
first book in print.
Geri: If you were to write in a different genre, what would
it be?
Ray: I am going to start a 1940s Hollywood book soon,
as well as a comedy on the off-beat life,
a stranger who appears in present day Omaha.
Geri: Did you have favorite books as a child?
Ray: I had two, GREEN EGGS AND HAM, which I enjoy
today and the Martian Chronicles, which is my
favorite of all time.
Geri: Thank you very much for your time. Your book is
very interesting, and will indeed be a valuable
reference for many readers.
Ray: You're welcome!

No comments: