Thursday, October 1, 2009

**INTERVIEW #2 with Author LYNDA COKER**

It is an honor, and a great pleasure to interview Author Lynda Coker.
Author of: "THE OCEAN BETWEEN" 5 Star REVIEW
INTERVIEW
Geri: As writers, we begin with a manuscript, and end in promotions. What was
your most difficult task?
Lynda: For me, it's the writing that's most difficult. I never meet a stranger and can
talk anyone under the table, so that makes promotion easy. Also, I love
helping other writers and that led me to develop a social site named,
Writers and Readers of Distinctive Fiction (WRDF). In heping other writers,
I've ended up creating a wonderful promotional vehicle for myself, as well.
Geri: Are your characters created from people you've known in real life?
Lynda: Maybe, but not seriously. I think writers draw character ideas from people
they meet, without realizing it. Of course, we embellish these characters,
making them display traits we're too reserved to try on our own. How fun
is that?
Geri: As a child, did you have favorite books?
Lynda: Anything with words.
Geri: Have you ever experienced writer's block?
Lynda: Never, but then, I've just started writing. When I get a hundred books on the
shelf, you'll have to ask me that question again.
Geri: Describe how you felt the first time you were published?
Lynda: I wondered what kind of inept people this publisher employed? Seriously,
a writer who is submitting their manuscript must believe in themselves,
but there is always that nasty doubt hanging over our heads. It's a
thrilling validation to hold your first book contract in your hands.
Geri: Thank you very much for your time. I wish you much success in all
your writing endeavors.
Lynda: You're welcome.

No comments: