Tuesday, January 17, 2012

**INTERVIEW with Author SAMANTHA RYAN CHANDLER**

It is with Great honor and a pleasure to Interview Author Samantha Ryan Chandler today. Thank you Samantha for your time. I wish you much Success.


http://www.SamanthaRyanChandler
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.CrossBooksPublishing.com




~~~Author Interview~~~


What inspires you to write?
My book 'A love Story:How God Pursued Me and Found Me' was written to myself, or I thought this when I first began to write. It wasn't until five months after my manuscript was accepted by my publisher that I added the last chapter, which was a true Epiphany. I had so much happen to me that was not understandable. To better understand my circumstances, I began with my early life and searched to see where God was beginning with my abusive childhood, and took my writings into my divorce that can only be cataloged as an annihilation. This process was cathartic and freeing.




Who is your favorite author?
I have a variety of reading interests, depending on where I am in life. I will get into one genre and read reams, until I am fully saturated, and then on to another genre. I must admit that Alexander Dumas holds my fancy, and I can read and re-read his work. 'The Count Of Monte Christo' is chuck full of excitement, adventure, and is a true fairy tale with a solid ending. It is gripping, as you hold on to the edge of your book, hoping with each page that this book just possibly could have a happy ending. 'Les Miserable' is another favorite. Even though I fully know how it ends, I find myself in a nervous state as the main character goes from anguish to mayhem, to redemption to peace.




Describe your perfect reading location.
I own a historical property that has seven massive oaks that are possibly several hundred years old. Between two perfectly placed oaks, is a space that is just right for a hammock. I like to read in my hammock with cushy pillows and a soft blanket, watching the leaves sway in the wind between pages.




Did you enjoy reading as a child?
I always read every night before sleep. In the summer, I would plan my week to the library. I would walk maybe a mile to the library, but this was fantastic as I could fantasize as to what treasure I may find on the shelves. I would check out no less than five books. Growing up in Louisiana, our summers were brutally hot. After a heavy lunch, it would be quite common to read until the afternoon was not so hot, and run out and play. This also established a great reading habit.




Do you have current work in progress?
Yes, I am working on two books. I am co-writing with my partner. It is fiction, and a love story. Our writing style is a bit unique as he writes on his computer, and I write on mine. I send him my writing from the character's female love interest, and my partner then merges the two writings. We brainstorm the direction of where the story is going, and then we each write from our heart. It is moving along quite nicely, and very exciting to see his writings merge with my thoughts. At some point, we will have to write together. My second book is for young children, the type A mother would sit with her child on her lap, and read too. The title is 'Miss Hunny Bunny and Pretty kitty Take a Road Trip Upon Turtle.' It shall be an adventure. I am in hopes that my middle daughter, who is the artist, will illustrate the pages.



No comments: