Sunday, April 8, 2012

***INTERVIEW with Author HOLLY ROBINSON***


It is with Great Pleasure and an honor to Interview author Holly Robinson. Thank you Holly for your time. I wish you much Success.
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.authorhollyrobinson.com




~~~Author Interview~~~


What inspires you to write?
Everything from cheesy reality TV shows to a quiet dinner with friends that can provoke some small thought will gradually blossom into an entire planet populated with people, whose lives are endlessly fascinating to me. I end up having movies playing in my head, so that writing often feels like dictation, when I do the first draft. Of course there are the awful and stubborn second, third, and fourth drafts, where I toss out as much as I keep.




Describe your perfect comfort zone while writing.
I write in the 18th century barn behind my house, in an office with the original pegged beams, and rough pine floors. French doors open onto a screened-in porch, where I like to write in nice weather. The porch overlooks a ninety year old perennial garden that I gradually been trying to bring back to life, since buying this house six years ago. I typically get dressed to take the kids to school, then slip back into flannel pants and a t-shirt to write, and I always have a thermos of tea next to my computer to keep me going.




Who is your favorite author?
That would be impossible to say. I have widely varied interests. Lately, I've been alternating nonfiction with gritty mysteries. For example, I love Susan Orlean's books, The Orchid Thief was especially brilliant, and I'm a big fan of Elizabeth George's mysteries.




How important is a book cover?
I think that, especially in this day of online book marketing, the importance of a book cover can't be overemphasized. A book cover invites readers into your world.






Do you have current work in progress?
Yes, I am currently revising my third novel, The Wishing Well, which I recently sold to Penguin. It will be published in spring of 2013.                                                               

No comments: